We are looking for a full-time Software Engineer in London (or in Europe working remotely) to help us build a world-class web platform.
Our Engineering team consists of an ex-Googler, a DeepMind scholar, and other really talented and friendly people. We work in a collaborative atmosphere, and value autonomy highly.
Programmai is a predictive marketing technology that uses first-party customer data in a privacy compliant way to radically improve the performance of online advertising.
We’re a London based early-phase startup that just closed our seed round. We are building an easy-to-use platform to unleash the power of Machine Learning to help our clients with digital marketing.
Tech we use at present:
- Google Cloud Platform, managed with Terraform;
- Elixir for APIs, storage, and external integration;
- Python for the Machine Learning pipelines;
- Reason React and GraphQL for the frontend web app.
- Build APIs to serve our user-facing web applications.
- Model the business logic in relational databases.
- Integrate with external APIs (e.g. Facebook, Google).
- Help to evolve our system, improve automation, and make important technical decisions with us.
- Review code and share knowledge.
Ideal candidates are expected to have:
- Experience of writing readable, testable, and maintainable code.
- Solid programming skills in at least one backend language (Elixir, C++, Python, Ruby etc).
- Strong understanding in API design (RESTful or GraphQL).
- Good understanding in SQL.
- Willingness to learn new languages / technologies.
These are our ideal requirements but we invest in potential over histories. We know that some people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. Please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience in any functional languages (particularly Elixir).
- You have experience in Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, and CI/CD tools.
- You are interested in gaining full-stack skills.
- You can work with highly talented, friendly and passionate people, and have some fun on the way.
- There are no layers of bureaucracy to work through. You can have a huge impact here.
- You’ll have a front-row seat at an early-stage, fast-growing company that uses machine learning to disturb an existing problem area.
What’s in it for you?
- Equity in a fast-growing company.
- Competitive salary plus additional performance-related rewards
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Well-located office with our adorable dog Billie (if you are in London).
For now, some people have chosen to remain remote, but we do have a new office if you’d like to visit us!
How to Apply
Please fill out this Typeform to begin the process, or email [email protected].